Since opening in January 2005, Addlestone Library has welcomed more than 1.2 million students, faculty and friends each year. It’s time to make a few improvements. This summer, we are refinishing many of the cherry wooden tables and the cork floors on the first floor. The library will remain open and we’ll continue to provide almost all of the same services, just not from the first floor. Work begins on Monday July 2 and the first floor will re-open by August 20, at the latest. For the most up-to-date information visit the Library Renovations page.
During the summer
- We are moving the reference and circulation services and the folks who provide them. A member of the Circulation team will be at the Calhoun St. entrance to answer questions, check out books, etc. The Circulation “desk” will be at the top of the second floor and the Information “desk” and a small computer lab will operate from the third floor Stern Reading Room – the large space on the third floor overlooking Rivers Green.
- The Rivers Green entrance will be locked. Please use Calhoun St. entrance. All of the emergency exits will remain accessible.
- The media in the teaching collection will be temporarily relocated to the second floor. The rest of the media collection will not be available during the renovation. The staff at the Circulation desk or Information Desk can help you locate these materials, please ask us.
- We will continue to give orientation tours to incoming freshmen and their parents.
- Reminder: One of our regular services is delivering materials to faculty offices. This service will continue without interruption. Just contact the friendly folks in Interlibrary Loan at 953-8010.
And if you have questions about the renovations project or need assistance, please contact us.
James Williams, Associate Dean – firstname.lastname@example.org 953-8015
Claire Fund, Director of Administrative Services – email@example.com 953-8002
John White, Interim Dean, firstname.lastname@example.org 953-5530