The Jacob Murray Memorial Book Fund is a book stipend to assist students who have a demonstrated financial need. The fund was established to honor Jacob Murray, an excellent reference librarian at the College of Charleston. He served the College in addition to his full time work in the Charleston County Schools, including holding the rank of Assistant Principal at James Island High School for many years.
Recipients of the fund must:
- Be a currently enrolled undergraduate at the College of Charleston.
- Have demonstrated a need as identified by the College’s Office of Financial Aid
- Hold a verifiable cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better
- Demonstrate initiative by participating in community, social or college activities and organizations
- Provide two letters of recommendation. The candidate may choose from the following categories; however, each letter must come from a different category
- High School
- Preference will be given to students employed at the College of Charleston library, Avery Research Center, Marine Resources Library or the Communications Museum