1. Please don’t install unnecessary programs on the computers. The program you install may keep someone else from being able to do their homework because it changes the computer configuration
2. Leaving saved documents on the hard drive means anyone else can read, modify, or delete them. If you are going to leave something saved to the computer, always save it to the T: drive. If you save it anyplace else, it will be deleted on the next time the computer is restarted.
3. Always restart the computer before you use it. You never know if a program crashed in the session before you leaving it unstable for you.
4. Always close the program before you take out your disk. Some programs don’t save everything until they close, and if you take it out too early, you can corrupt the file you were working on.
5. Be mindful of what you are doing. If you have lots of printing to do, remember that there are only a few printers for everyone to share and it isn’t right for one person to monopolize them for an excessive period of time.
6. On the macs, always drag the diskette icon to the trash before you eject the disk. Failure to do so may result in a corrupted disk
7. Computers are for academic work only.
8. Please maintain a Library type atmosphere. Remember, others are trying to study
9. No open drinks or food allowed.
10. If asked, you must present valid CofC ID to use the computers.