A Reader is no longer required to take advantage of ebrary’s key functionality!
Where do you find ebrary?
Visit the College of Charleston Libraries database page and select ebrary
How do I use it?
Tutorial information and screen shots from ebrary Quick Start Guide
- Conduct a search using simple or advanced, by keyword, full-text, publisher, author, and more. View results ranked by book or chapter.
- Open a book by clicking on the title name or jacket. No downloads
or installations are required.
- Explore the document by navigating to search terms, searching for key words, jumping to relevant chapters, and flipping through pages.
- Highlight, take notes, and transform text into hyperlinks to other online resources. Highlight with or without notes attached in multiple colors. Create a personal bookshelf (if needed) to save and organize your research.
- Use InfoTools to link to other online resources. Simply select words of interest in a document.
- Copy and paste text, and print pages and chapters, with automatic citations that include URLs back to the source.
- Manage and share your research by dragging books, highlights and notes into bookshelf folders, which can be emailed to peers.